Labels

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kaya: An Island Brunch

Kaya is a part of the big Burrito chain in Pittsburgh. Although I say 'chain', Big Burrito does not have the typical chain restaurant service and favor, hence they call themselves 'big Burrito Restaurant Group' and almost EVERYTHING is fantastic; I would vote the best food in Pittsburgh.

Alex Cage and I went out for a celebratory Kaya brunch during my final maymester to celebrate 3 years of being excellent flatmates and a beautiful 5 year bestfriendship. It was touching and the food was delicious.

I had thSmoked Salmon Benedict: crisp cornbread, two poached eggs, smoked pepper holandaise sauce (found on the brunch menue). You can see the grilled pineapple side and and hash browns (I think I remember them being sweet potatoes!) 




Totally yummo and totally worth it for an hardy, yet elegant $12 brunch.


Alex and I have had a number of other dishes at Kaya as well. Maybe you'll see a followup blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment